Welcome to BEECAsia Specimen Database Based on the Bee Collection Collected in Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition !
A database BeeCAsia is a specimen database based on the bee collection collected in Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (Head Investigator: O. Tadauchi). The expedition was conducted nine times in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan Uzbekistan and Xinjiang Uygur, China from 2000 to 2004 and from 2012 to 2014. The number of the specimens is 27,427 in total at present (October 15, 2014) excluding unpublished data of specimens. It is very important collection for the study of bee fauna in the Palaearctic Region. Each record consists of 19 items according to a format of the Darwin Core of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility(GBIF), such as scientific name, country, collecting locality, collecting date, collector, etc.
The related bee database files are as follows:
HANABACHI (Image database based on the Japanese bees)
TABR (Reference database based on troipical Asian bees)
ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
BeeELKU (Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collections
BeeFukuda (Bee specimen database based on Dr. Fukuda’s collection)
BeeFTadauchi (Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected in foreign countries)
ABeeBOL (DNA Barcode Database of Asian Bees)
The BeeCAsia is managed by a text database management system SIGMA.
The BeeCAsia file is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) and a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research(A) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, and a Grant-in-Aid for Biodiversity Database from Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi).
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
- Search BeeCAsia database
- How to Use
- Items of Data
- Example of a record
- Publications, Manuals and Explanations
- Copyright Notice
- Inquiries and Comments
Data and Tags are the Following 26 items.
|1.||(IDNO)||Specimen ID Number|
|3.||(DATE)||Date Last Modified|
|14.||(AU)||Scientific Name Author|
|26.||(NOTE)||Note (Associated Plants, etc)|
|Specimen ID Number|
|Date Last Modified||2014. 01. 17|
|Scientific Name||Andrena (Melanapis) fuscosa|
|Scientific Name Author||Erichson, 1835|
|Identified By||O. Tadauchi|
|State Province||South Kazakhstan Prov.|
|Locality||Jarekbas, near Shayan, S. Kazakhstan Prov.|
|Note (Associated Plants, etc)|
Tadauchi, O., C. Hirosawa, H. Inoue, T. Sugimoto, R. Murao, N. Takahashi, S. Sato, K. Mitai and Y. Hara,2009. Specimen database AIIC, Asian insect information center database, based on types and normal specimens collected in Asia and the Pacific Area, Part 1. Esakia, (49): 1-5.
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editors: O. Tadauchi, R. Murao, C. Nakamura, System administrator: H. Inoue, Y. Hara, F. Kamitomo) holds the copyright on the entomology database BeeCAsia.
Inquiries and Comments about BeeCAsia Should be the Following E-mail Address.
Faculty of Agriculture,
Japan E-mail: email@example.com
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on Dr. Hiromi Fukuda’s collection (BeeFukuda)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Specimen database based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University (ProctELKU)
- Coleoptera specimen database based on Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji’s collection (COLSasaji)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University (COLEUMJ)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)
- Specimen database based on the Aphids prepared slide collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu (APHIDMoritsu)